Sunday Service 11 Am
Sunday School 10 am
Tuesday Bible Study 6:30 PM
Welcome to bayou baptist church
We are an independent Baptist church in Dickinson, Texas. Here at Bayou Baptist our faith is in a relationship not religion. Our preaching is from the bible. It’s balanced, not forgetting that conviction is equally as important as edification. You’ll still find hymnals in our pews and prayer lists in our bulletins.
We are not a show, a club, a high-pressure sales force, nor are we perfect. We strive to be a place where people can get away from the world and spend some time with the Lord. Our mission is to strengthen the saints, reach the lost, and to lift up the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. We invite you to come and join us and we look forward to seeing you here.
What we believe
- We believe in the inspiration, preservation, and inerrancy of the Scriptures and the authority of both the Old and New Testaments.
- We believe that God eternally exists in three Persons—the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit—and that these three are one.
- We believe man was created in the image of God, but sinned and fell through disobedience, and that the entire human race shares this lost and depraved nature.
- We believe Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of God, took upon Himself the form of a man by means of the virgin birth, lived a sinless life, yet retained His absolute deity, being at the same time very God and very man.
- We believe that atonement for sin was made by the sacrificial and substitutionary death of Jesus Christ.
- We believe in the literal resurrection of the crucified body of the Lord Jesus Christ, His ascension into heaven, and His priestly intercession for believers.
- We believe salvation is the gift of God by grace alone and is received by personal faith in the finished work of the Lord Jesus Christ at Calvary.
- We believe the Holy Spirit is the Promise of the Father; the Comforter who indwells and places every believer in the Body of Christ at salvation and convicts the world of sin and the judgment to come.
- We believe that the ordinances of the church, by the command of Jesus Christ, are Water Baptism by immersion and the Lord’s Supper, both of which are administered to those who are born again.
- We believe in the eternal salvation of all believers and the eternal damnation and punishment of all nonbelievers.
- We believe that the consummation of all things includes the visible, personal, and glorious return of the Lord Jesus Christ the “Blessed Hope” of the Church.